Galaxy s5 Insurance

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile Galaxy s5 purchased new August 2014 on an installment plan which will be paid off in 4 months.

I had never purchased phone insurance before, but decided to go the 'Better to be Safe than Sorry route' and added the insurance to my plan. My prior 2 phones were Blackberrys & I was unfamiliar with the build sturdiness of these sleek android phones with large touch screens.

The S5 has been great, no problems. I have found answers to all my questions by reading this forum & have learned so much. Thanks to all who make this place so informative.

My question now...is there a point where it's foolish to continue to pay insurance? I'm not a power user & probably won't upgrade for a couple of years. I know the technology changes rapidly, but my needs don't, so as long as the hardware holds up, I'm okay. However, is there a point where the value of the phone no longer warrants paying the insurance? I'm phone insurance ignorant!

I appreciate any advice! Thanks!

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Since the phone is paid off (or will be soon) I would stop carrying the insurance. If something happens to your device, you can just go in and start payments again with a new device as opposed to having to be concerned with questionable refurbished devices.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
That makes a lot of sense to me.

My S5 has been such a great phone that if I ended up with a problematic refurbished unit, I'd be miserable.
(So would everyone around me!)

Thanks for taking the time to reply!!