Nova Launcher vs Stock

RockyMtnRedRaider

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'd like to get some takes on whether or not the stock launcher is worth messing with on Marshmallow. I've been using Nova Launcher Prime for a long time, and recently upgraded to Marshmallow. Thank you in advance for your feedback and thoughts!

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Touchwiz, though improved, is still Touchwiz. It's not terrible on the latest iterations, but if you're used to what Nova has to offer (gestures, grid overlap/customization, etc.) then you're better off sticking to it.

Not sure if it works the same on the S5 with Marshmallow or not, but at least on the S7, you can still theme the phone with Samsung's themes and just leave your launcher with a different theme or try to match the one you're using on the rest of the UI.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I personally never really minded TouchWiz, then I installed the Google Now launcher. For the past few months I've been running Nova and today updated to Marshmallow. I have already backed up my Nova settings since I will be factory resetting my phone tonight after work (always a good idea after a major OS update).

I will reinstall Nova for sure, but now I may leave it off for a bit and try TW again...

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2