Why won't Location turn off (Galaxy S5)?

bekah16

May 8, 2016
Visit site
I have a Galaxy s5 and I recently used an app I've used several times before. I like to keep my location settings on Power Saving mode to help save battery life. The app uses location settings so the typical message came up that says something like "the app needs to access location settings, would you like to change location settings?" I accidentally pressed "do not ask again" and did High Accuracy mode. Since then, I'm unable to slide my location to "Off" and unable to select Power Saving mode since it's grayed out. I've done a reset of my settings and tried clearing the cache on my settings as well. I even uninstalled the app even though I know it wasn't the app because I've used it before without this issue, but I was worried since the location has been on non-stop since. I can't turn it off for anything now. Please help. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by a reset of your settings? Do you mean the Reset All App Preferences option in the App Manager?

Sam77sung

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I did a factory reset which temporarily solved the problem even after I reloaded all apps. I accidentally left my GPS/location on overnight and this morning it's back to not turning off. I've also tried wiping the cache partition with our luck. When I go to settings and click location, the toggle at the top is grayed out and unable to turn to the off position.

Any ideas?

Sam77sung

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I have Airwatch downloaded for work. I think that might be the issue. The interesting thing is when I try to force stop or uninstall the app, it is also grayed out and I am unable to.