Screen is tapping things by itself....

tannery18

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5
For the last two months or so I've been dealing with this problem.

I noticed it when I was trying to send a text message; I'd be typing things and then my keyboard would spazz out and start typing other letters really fast--or it would tap and hold another key that I wasn't pressing.

Now I also see it on my lock screen (which is where I enter my PIN code) and sometimes I won't even need to touch the screen and it would start randomly tapping the same number over and over and over really fast (or several numbers) and I'm just staring at my screen wondering what on earth is going on...

It's quite annoying. It also happens when I'm surfing the web or in an app and I'm trying to scroll, but sometimes it won't let me scroll because my screen thinks I'm placing my finger somewhere else (therefore my screen won't move, or it's a little jerky).

It's similar to when you get water on your screen, like water from your fingers if they're sweaty or if you were holding a wet drink and you try and tap some things, but your screen is confused because it can't sense where you are. Except, this isn't it because my hands and screen are dry.

Help please, I'm ready to get a new phone but really don't wanna spend the money :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair