Philippines gets update to... Lollipop!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The Samsung international model, G900F, for the Philippines has only received the May security patch and not a full update to Android 6.0.1, Marshmallow.

The 4 Philippine firmwares are for... Globe, Smart, Sun Cellular and Open Line networks. Reasons for the lack of an update to Marshmallow could be that Samsung has not had it passed by the relevant official Philippines telecommunications body or that the carriers themselves are dragging their heels in OK'ing it. Either way, Samsung have decided that the May security update is more important and have gone ahead with it.

(I can think of one unhappy bunny on here, straight away. ;) )

Last edited:

rokemsokem

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Dang. I could have lived with something like that myself. Seems like there should be a way for Samsung to do this with all devices in terms of the standalone security patch releases.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Dang. I could have lived with something like that myself. Seems like there should be a way for Samsung to do this with all devices in terms of the standalone security patch releases.

It isn't, "standalone", in as much as it has to be integrated into the relevant firmware before release and cannot be downloaded as, say, an app.

yobil

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I got this notification early this morning and thought that it's already the MM software LMAO

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance