Samsung Galaxy S5 Baseband Version

samir7172

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys. I am using a Galaxy S5 in India with a Baseband Version G900HXXU1BOK8. Now the problem is that I have not received a Marshmallow update for my mobile, although Samsung had released the update for a few other versions. Would I be getting an update or do I need to change the baseband version? Support for Android devices is pretty bad.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! SamMobile, which is usually good about having the latest firmware files, shows that the latest version for that variant is 5.0 (except in Kazakhstan, where for some reason it's 6.0.1). Firmware for Samsung SM-G900h - SamMobile. I doubt trying to install that on your phone will work.

Have you also tried using Samsung Smart Switch to see if it can detect any updates?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
B. Diddy is correct. The non 4G/LTE model of Galaxy S5, G900H, has only had Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1, released for the Kazakhstan Product code, to-date. The regional model of Galaxy S5 for India, G900i, with 4G/LTE on Product Codes INS and INU has had at least 2 Marshmallow updates. For more information on the Galaxy S5, see 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide