Marshmallow Update Random reboots and battery drain

bhartmann

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I updated to marshmallow last night, I'm on Verizon, and this morning I have had huge amounts of battery drain and my phone has randomly restarted maybe 3 or 4 times. I used Gsam battery monitor and it says 50% of my battery drain is coming from the phone app, which I have not used. I tried force stopping it but it did not solve the issue, I also cleared the cache partition and no change. Any advice is appreciated and I was wondering if anyone else has this issue? Thanks.

bhartmann

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday all was fine, battery averaging 20 hours a charge. Now after the update last night this morning it's estimated 5 hours a charge. So it doesn't seem like the battery is the problem

Wolfsv

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine also seemed to correlate to the update, however the Samsung rep at BestBuy pointed out in battery was bloated. I swapped the battery and haven't had an issue since.

combat82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine also seemed to correlate to the update, however the Samsung rep at BestBuy pointed out in battery was bloated. I swapped the battery and haven't had an issue since.

My battery isnt swollen from heat or anything and I have draining issues with the MM update as well. I can't say how the battery life was before MM update because I bought it and updated it immediately.

Won't a factory reset take it back to before MM?

lynstks

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
i had the same problem after Marshmallow upgrade - bad battery drain and random restarts -- but a factory reset seems to have fixed it.

Jims S5

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Check Google play services. My percent went up to 17% after the update. Tried clearing cache etc. What I believe worked was going into accounts, Google and turning off all sync. Restarted the phone and went back into the same settings and clicked gmail and calander for now.

Attachments

• 1465225284965.jpg
    1465225284965.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 1465225308502.jpg
    1465225308502.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 9

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm on at&t and I don't see any battery issue after recent MM update. It seems snappier and takes less memory than 5.02. I had to change the battery couple of weeks before MM update because it was bloated though. Do factory reset if you are suffering from bad drain after update that can't be fixed with apps or setting change. It will preserve the current OS version but wipe out the apps, data.

murata

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I had similar problems with rebooting and the battery doing weird things. I unistalled Clean Master and all problems went away.

I have used Clean Master for years without issues until now. Still have it on my Galaxy S5 without issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO