Sim Contacts?

combat82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Backup device contacts to google, then delete everything, then sync contacts from Google

Posted via the Android Central App

Dougal95

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Just a thought.... contacts already are backed up on Google. Surely if I now delete all phone contacts, that state will transfer to Google?

combat82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Turn sync off first, but if there are contacts you don't want on the phone that are already in Google just make a new Gmail

Posted via the Android Central App

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
There is an option in the contacts to "merge" SIM contacts to Google. I would do this first, just to be sure that you've gotten them all. You may end up with duplicates, but IMO that's better than losing some.

Once you've done this, I would take ONE contact that's on my SIM (jot down the information on paper "just in case") and delete it from the SIM.

Wait a few minutes to allow the regular syncing to take place, then check your contacts and see if they're still there. If they are, then you're good. If you want a triple check, go to "contacts.google.com" on a computer and see if they're still there. They should be.

You would then be safe to delete everyone from your SIM contacts because they're already backed up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87