Volume buttons don't work after charge port replacement.

combat82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I replaced my charge port today and everything on the phone works like it should except volume buttons. The front glass does sit just a little further out than normal, would that be the cause? Perhaps I didn't get one of the screws that hold the midframe assembly down tight enough? Anyone have an idea?

Posted via the Android Central App

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry - you will have to take it apart again and make sure that everything is seated properly. One small difference in the position of one little piece makes for big problems. I bet if you look at it again, you will see that there is probably a connector (or something) that is preventing the rocker switch from making contact.

combat82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
When I put it back together the mid frame assembly sat flush like it did when I disassembled it, I did use very thin double sided tape to make sure the screen wouldn't pop out but everything looked fine otherwise...guess I'll leave it for now and make it a weekend project

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea... booo to that. Hopefully when you crack it back open you see something obvious (plastic fallen out of place, etc...) that lets it all come back together. I couldn't see a small piece of tape causing that much havoc.

combat82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Pulled the phone apart again today and the screen not being recessed as far in as it was from the factory has nothing to do with it. I also tightened the screw down near that part of the phone on the midframe assembly and it did nothing either. Oh well. Is there a way to add a widget or shortcut to volume settings?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007