Downgrade from Marshmallow to Lollipop

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
How do I get rid of Marshmallow and revert back to Lollipop. I'm having difficulty with Marshmallow.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Verizon

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
How do I get rid of Marshmallow and revert back to Lollipop. I'm having difficulty with Marshmallow.

Download the Verizon Lollipop firmware, linked to, below, and flash it to your phone using Odin and by by following the instructions and video in the links of #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.. Requires a PC. Alternatvely, take your phone to the nearest Verizon store and ask if they can downgrade it for you.

Model SM-G900V
Model name GALAXY S5
Country USA (Verizon)
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 4782027
Build date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 11:52:32 +0000
Security Patch Level N/A
Product code VZW
PDA G900VVRU2BPB1
CSC G900VVZW2BPB1

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. As soon as I can get to a verizon store, I'll try it. Thanks again.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Factory data reset

I'm having trouble with my samsung galaxy s5 smartphone. It began with an update from Lollipop to Marshmallow. The biggest problem is my Contacts. I get the "Unfortunately, contacts has stopped." Error. I've gotten many suggestions on how to fix it, but none has worked. How do I backup the 2 years of customization. I know that the phone will delete everything. I would like to save my Contacts so I won't have to reenter them all. I feel that there is someone out there that has been through this. Thanks.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Factory data reset

That link doesn't work.

What are you using to open the link? The Android Central main app sometimes has problems to open forum links. Try with Chrome or Android Central Forums app.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Factory data reset after upgrading from Lollipop

I have several problems after the upgrade to Marshmallow, especially poor battery life. I have 2 years of modifications that I don't want to lose. I realize that a Factory data reset will require me to reinstall all of the files.
My question is: What is the best backup plan. I don't have a PC to use. I also know that most of my data is stored on the cloud. Is there any programs other than Contacts, Text messages, call log, that are stored locally? Thanks.

Terry5008

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Verizon does NOT support downgrading your phone. Neither does Samsung. Samsung specifically advises against it, but that doesn't mean it wont work. :p

Dale Williams2

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi can i downgrade to lollipop from mm 6.0 . so i can root my phone. Its a lg g4c what a pile of crap i had a g2 before this and it was the best phone i owned. Thanks in advance. If there is a way can it be done without pc

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure it won't work. I haven't personally tried it but if anyone knows how to downgrade note line devices, galaxy line devices let me know. I have a few that I would love to downgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac