Google maps with multiple stops

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have the new enhancements of multiple stops in Google Maps? I've read that the option will show up without an update.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Verizon

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Google Maps is, like an increasing number of Google features, updated via the Play Store and not reliant on a firmware update. I am currently running the multi stop version of Google Maps, version 9.31.3 (#931301020).

Last edited:

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
And like most things from Google, it will be a staged rollout. Not every user will get the latest versions at the same time as others.

I am currently running version 9.27.2 (#927200124) and don't see any options to add waypoints.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
It appears that there is also a backend change required by Google? I just sideloaded Maps to 9.31.2 and don't see a difference.

@Ironass - where is the option supposed to be to use the new waypoints option?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google Maps is, like an increasing number of Google features, updated via the Play Store and not reliant on a firmware update. I am currently running the multi stop version of Google Maps, version 9.31.3 (#931301020).

Thanks. My play store doesn't have that version. The promotion I read indicated that the new version will come via a firmware update.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
It wouldn't be a firmware update, rather an app update with a backend "switch" to turn specific options on for groups/countries at a time.

It would also require the "proper" version of Google Maps to allow Google to turn this option on for users. Here's a print screen of what my Maps looks like... I guess I'm SOL for the time being. I hope it comes soon - we're heading to Montreal for vacation in two weeks and this would come in handy... :)

Screenshot_2016-07-04-16-54-08.png

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
And just like that, the option has appeared "like magic". It was obviously tied to both backend AND app version updates.

It's hard to say when (or "if") I would have gotten the latest update from Google, but definitely downloading and sideloading from APKMirror was the right fit for me.

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi;

I installed maps version 9.31.3(#931301020)
Galaxy S5. G900V. Android: 6.0.1 Build: MMB29M.g900VVRUU2dPD1. Being used on Tmobile.

Restarted phone.

Still no option for "Add Stop"

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Any suggestions?

Time. Just give it time. I just happened to check mine the next day and it appeared. It must work with Google Play Services to enable it whenever... Check it tomorrow morning.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
According to the Google promo text, the 'multiple stops' enhancements will show up as a firmware change rather than an a update on the Play store. If that's true,could someone who has the upgrade, please describe what to look for. Will there be any visible changes? Thanks.

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
After about 4 hours when I opened the app., there was an informational screen showing me the new Add Stop function and it is there now.
I don't know how this transpired but it works.
Thank you for the help.

Posted via the Android Central App

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
the 'multiple stops' enhancements will show up as a firmware change

As I stated before, whatever source you've gotten that information from is not correct. It is NOT a firmware change, but an app update. It is in one of the newer versions, most likely 9.31. If your app is not at this level, you will need to either sideload it from APKMirror (totally valid, safe and virus free download site compliments of Android Police) or wait until your version gets updated.

Once you're on the newest version, the Google Play Services will take over and (after a much shorter period of time) finish the update and will provide the "Add stop" option as in Ironass' post above (http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...9-google-maps-multiple-stops.html#post5251156).

If you are NOT updated, you will see the screen in MY post (http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...9-google-maps-multiple-stops.html#post5251131)

To get to the "add stop", open the Google Maps app, start a navigation and then tap the 3 dots in the top left of the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol