Call muted status icon missing from notification bar. v6.0.1

Palfas

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
After upgrading my T-mobile S5 to Marshmallow 6.0.1. I'm missing the "mic is muted for this call" icon on the notification bar.

To see the icon I'm talking about, watch this video:

https://youtu.be/Hhi00VKSqes?t=27

When he presses the mute button, an icon shows up on the status bar that's a mic with slash through it. This no longer displays in android 6.

Any thoughts on how to get this back?

RonJMc

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Me too. I have on the phone dial scree the speaker and mute buttons, but when i press the mute button, it no longer puts an icon in the bar containing indicators. It used to. The mute works. But after pressing a few times, I'm no longer sure if I am still on mute or live. I use this a lot in meetings where I don't want my background noise to disrupt the dial-in call, but I don't want to speak out loud to see if I am or am not.

RonJMc

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Okay, some one clued me in. The phone used to have a little icon appear in the notification bar at the top of the phone and I no longer see it.

They changed it so that the mute button changes color instead. It goes from grey to green and the difference was not obvious to me, but that may be my failing eyesight. But at least i understand the mystery why it is no longer an status icon.