S5 Battery Drain Question

MizMelzy76

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I just recieved a replacement to my LG G3. They sent me a Galaxy S5. My battery was draining fast on my G3 but the S5 is draining like 3x as fast. My G3 Currently has 78% left and the s5 is on 46%. Dropped 5% in idle while in my locker at work. I put the phone in airplain mode so it's not searching for a signal. I realize I have been transfering contacts and such. But it shouldn't drain that bad. I have all bells and wistles on the S5 turned off. Battery Saver turned on.

Anything I'm missing or did I get a bad device?

Thanks
Mel

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Does it drain that fast right after you got the unit or after you start installing, and restoring your stuffs?

I think your unit's battery is bad.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Herschel Cloggings

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Very likely a bad battery. I purchased a brand new S5 last week from amazon. Still factory plastic sealed in the Samsung box. Out of curiosity I tested tested the brand new battery for capacity and it consistently came back showing 82% of its original rated capacity. So I I went and bought a brand new one from a local battery store and used that instead.

Because the phone you got was an insurance replacement it is most likely a refurbished phone. It very well may just be a poor quality or even a used battery. Even with my brand new phone the battery capacity was reduced just fom sitting in storage so long.

lncLESLIE

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
My phone drain so fast. I got it 2nd hand from a friend (free!) I know it is almost full but I have no idea what I can safely uninstall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy