At&t galaxy s5 marshmallow?

Scumperjumper

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I have a s5 and have been waiting for the mm update but I never got it. Is it just me or have other people from at&t already gotten the update. I am on At&t.

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
My international model received Marshmallow 7 months ago. That means that on a 2 year contract, AT&T owners have spent almost a third of the time just waiting for Marshmallow. Even Verizon managed to issue Marshmallow 2.5 months ago. If AT&T have not abandoned their model, G900A, then their support for it is most definitely lacklustre. Lets face it, it's not like you can say @:%~ 'em and root your phone and install a custom Marshmallow or Nougat ROM as they have even screwed you on that. :mad:

AEJustin1

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
My hopes were up after getting an update notification today only for it to be a security update.... ugh the s8 will be out before we get the mm update at this rate.

Enverdaz

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I still have my AT&T branded S5 (SM-G900A)
I am just hoping that they will push the Update to MM as it is having a little bit of a negative impact on the resale value. . . .
But, I did finally get my pennies all saved, and recently spent them on the US Unlocked G930U !! 🎉🎊

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I spoke to AT&T direct 3 times in the last 5 days and received 3 different answers. Long and short, there is still no date or even confirmation AT&T will be releasing Marshmallow for the galaxy S5. It's just hard to swallow when most other carriers have released it. I own my S5 so I will continue to use until I have problems and then switch to a different carrier and get a new phone which gets software updates more than 1 time every 14 months.
Good luck to all.

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
samsung_attverizon.jpg

8 months!
(Ok Verizon only took 4 months)

sdeeter19555

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Installed last night...after reading this thread. It's not automatic, you have to go in and tell it to download. Installed on my s5, downloaded to my wife's s5.

It seems more responsive...otherwise not a whole lot of difference like some updates.

starset

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hooray! Today I was able to install Marshmallow on my AT&T branded S5 (SM-G900A).
Things look a little different but what are the new features (if any) that I should be be taking advantage of?

Paulieh01

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Oh yeah, finally!
AT&T sent me the device update blurb a few days ago. But it wanted a freekin ton of free space that my 16gb S5 didn't have. I cleared out / cleaned up this that & the other. They sed not enuf, try again in 24 hrs. That WTF fiasco repeated for a few days. :mad:
So then I uninstalled ~20 apps & it started, yay! 6.0.1 seems to operate like a champ & usues WAY less memory. We're happy again! :)

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I got OTA for 6.01 tonight and installed it. It got pretty hot during the update process and it was on the charger when updating. It's new battery I replaced recently and I hope battery is ok, drains the same as with 5.02 or better. This remains to be seen for next a few days.

Overall it looks similar to 5.02 except new icons and addition of WiFi calling. It feels slightly smoother, snappier but that's about it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary