Best browsing experience

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I thought I would post this if it helps anyone else. I have tried all manner of browsers to get the fastest, most fluid lag free experience. I have tried Firefox, Chrome, UC etc. I recently tried M browser at the suggestion of an article I Flipboard. In particular, at my folks home, the average download speed is less than 2 MB/sec.

The best experience I have ever had by far has been using Samsung's own built in internet browser plus downloading the ad blocker "Crystal". After configuring Crystal, the browsing is fast and liquid smooth. Even at 1.5MB/sec download speed, which I just tested before posting this.

I have also downloaded EZ disabler and disabled almost 80 bloatware items, none of which are critical. I have also Greenify with the paid donation package which allows me to stop almost all my downloaded apps + Flipboard, which uses about 100MB RAM, (you need the donation package to stop Flipboard as it's listed as a system app).

All these things together make for a very fast and fluid phone experience even with low Wi-Fi download speeds.

hauckk

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I thought I would post this if it helps anyone else. I have tried all manner of browsers to get the fastest, most fluid lag free experience. I have tried Firefox, Chrome, UC etc. I recently tried M browser at the suggestion of an article I Flipboard. In particular, at my folks home, the average download speed is less than 2 MB/sec.

The best experience I have ever had by far has been using Samsung's own built in internet browser plus downloading the ad blocker "Crystal". After configuring Crystal, the browsing is fast and liquid smooth. Even at 1.5MB/sec download speed, which I just tested before posting this.

I have also downloaded EZ disabler and disabled almost 80 bloatware items, none of which are critical. I have also Greenify with the paid donation package which allows me to stop almost all my downloaded apps + Flipboard, which uses about 100MB RAM, (you need the donation package to stop Flipboard as it's listed as a system app).

All these things together make for a very fast and fluid phone experience even with low Wi-Fi download speeds.
Another good way to increase performance is lspeed app on Google. Play
kernel auditor mod on XDA google it

And turning off animations in developer options

geppetto

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
I use Ghostery as my browser. I believe it eliminates a lot of the adware, tracking stuff, etc. so the pages load faster. If pages won't load because of the Ghostery settings, then I am not interested on what they have to offer.
Flipboard was easy to disable - turn it off in the Application Manager in Settings. I turned off / disabled a lot of other apps that I didn't want using my data / bandwidth.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I use Ghostery as my browser. I believe it eliminates a lot of the adware, tracking stuff, etc. so the pages load faster. If pages won't load because of the Ghostery settings, then I am not interested on what they have to offer.
Flipboard was easy to disable - turn it off in the Application Manager in Settings. I turned off / disabled a lot of other apps that I didn't want using my data / bandwidth.

Greenify just makes it very quick and easy to stop apps, even system ones. A lot easier than settings> applications> application manager> Flipboard> stop.

Just press the hibernate shortcut and all apps you nominate are automated stop. Well worth the little price of the donation package.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23