set bit warranty: kernel. please help confused.

Stokie198

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I have galaxy s5 G900F. I updated the phone then right away it kept turning it's self off. I managed to get Into the recovery mode and factory reset it. But after that it wouldn't even turn back on at all. So I left the battery out a few days and I put it back in just and then it started to come on as if it was a normal start up with the Samsung logo. Except in the top left hand corner in yellow writing it said Set bit warranty: Kernel. It stayed on for a few mins then I took the battery out and now it won't come back on at all again.
I'm so frustrated. This phone was on a contract and after the contract ended my mum gave it to me. So it's not jail broken or anything like that. Not like I know what that means. If anyone could help in layman's terms it would be so much appreciated.
Thank you

Stokie198

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
"I updated it" What do you mean by that? Was it an ota update or did you flash it?

I don't know what the hell flash means??? I just did an update. Yano when the phone says new update. I assumed it was a samsung update. I haven't done nothing to the phone. It's still 'orginal'

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
OK This problem occurs mainly when a device is flashed. Flashing a device is where a pc is used to send an operating system to a device. It is used to manually update a phone or to repair a broken one.
The error means the software is corrupt. Do you know what version of Android is on the phone? Was it tied to any carrier?
First thing to try is a factory reset. If the phone still won't boot you are going to need to try to flash it yourself or take it to a repair shop.
We are here to help if you want to tackle it.

Stokie198

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
No its never been flashed. This was a contract phone but once the contract ended my mum upgraded and gave to me. Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F. Not tied to any carrier. On pay as you go with EE. Think I'll just take it repair shop if it's worth it.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Try wiping your phone's Cache partition as per #1.3 of S5 Update Problems - Dummies Guide

Alternatively, rather than taking it to the repair shop who will just flash the latest stock Samsung firmware to it, you can download the same stock Samsung firmware for your model of Galaxy S5, G900F, and flash it yourself, using Odin, and by following the instructions and video contained in the links of #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. To give you a head start, below is the download link for the latest unbranded U.K. firmware.

Model SM-G900F
Model name GALAXY S5
Country United Kingdom
Version Android 6.0.1
Changelist 7182592
Build date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 06:32:41 +0000
Security Patch Level 2016-08-01
Product code BTU
PDA G900FXXS1CPHV
CSC G900FOXA1CPE1

Last edited:

Forum statistics