Chrome > .mp3 plays from web > close broswer > still playing > no active apps visible?

Steve_Karl

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, (G900A Marshmellow)
Playing an .mp3 from the web in Chrome = very easy ... but making it stop playing is a bit confusing.
This is a simple old school URL pointing at a raw .mp3 and not to a web based music player.
Something I wrote and recorded: http://www.sightsea.com/music/wipb/004_Egyptology/Enter_the_Museum.mp3

I'd assume that closing Chrome would make it stop playing but that's not the case.
I closed Chrome and the music continued without a hickup.
With Chrome closed there were no active apps visible or better to say it said 0 (zero) active apps.
Pulling down the menu from the top also didn't show any music player.
I had to reboot the phone to stop the .mp3 from playing.

Can someone help me manage this a little better, maybe by picking a default app to play .mp3 from the web that will not be invisible and also will not be as presistent to be noticed as say for instance the attention deprived VLC?

Thank you!

Steve

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Chrome > .mp3 plays from web > close broswer > still playing > no active apps visible?

This happens to me after I close Google Play Music on a Bluetooth connection.

But I can finally close it by going to the notification panel/shutter and swiping it off. For some reason it gets stuck to the notification panel/shutter even after I close the Play Music app.

Steve_Karl

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Chrome > .mp3 plays from web > close broswer > still playing > no active apps visible?

Yea. VLC (on any connection or even playing local music stored on the phone) used to either get stuck, or after swiping it out would return on it's own when ever it wanted without me doing anything.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon