Locked out after data reset...

brandilafitte

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Galaxy S5 for about 3 years now and it has reset on its own quite a few times. However a week ago when it reset I was stuck on the Setup Screen and it then asked for my Samsung Account email and password; no problem right? Wrong! Apparently it wanted the very first email account, which I no longer have, and the first password when setting up the account. Serious? Yes it was serious. I am now locked out of my phone because of this, and yes even used a real computer to "change my email and password". I put it in quotes because it may have worked on the computer but it would not work on my phone. Why is That? I have no idea and was hoping one of y'all knew what I could do to fix my problem. I went and bought me a tablet until I get my phone fixed because I'm no longer on a contract plan but the tablet does work just as well as the phone, I just want my phone back. Lol

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
However a week ago when it reset I was stuck on the Setup Screen and it then asked for my Samsung Account email and password; no problem right? Wrong! Apparently it wanted the very first email account, which I no longer have, and the first password when setting up the account. 
If it is asking for an email that you no longer use it should still work to log in as it was how the account was set up initially. Your phone doesn't care if you no loner use that email address.

brandilafitte

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
That's the thing, it's telling me that the email address I'm using is wrong. I tried every email address I've had in the past 6 years, which is only 2 or 3, and none of them were right. I even contacted Samsung and they tell me that if it's not taking the email and password, that I'm basically screwed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie