Get pictures into gallery

rightnitro

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I moved a few jpgs into the Camera folder on my sd card, but the pictures don't show up when I'm in the gallery. Is there somewhere else I need to move them in order for them to show up?

I also noticed that the pictures that are saved from a txt message are not in the camera folder. Where do these go, because they do show up in the gallery.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! Try going to the App Manager, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Then open Gallery again and wait a few seconds for the database to repopulate. Are the photos there now?

The directory where the messaging app downloads to can vary with the app. My Hangouts app downloads to the Download directory. But it might also be in the Pictures, DCIM, or Media directory.

rightnitro

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately that didn't work. What happened was I got a new phone (same type of phone, S5), and when I transferred things like the Textra pictures & screenshots, they all show up under "Today" in my gallery. I know Windows overwrites the "Date Modified" when you copy, so I did a "move", and verified that the created and modified dates were original, and they were. But for some reason all the pictures I transferred to the new phone are show up as "Today" in the gallery. Wish I could have them go back to their proper spots! Do you know a way?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm not sure how to correct that. Does it also happen with other gallery apps like Google Photos?