Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo - Update & Password problems

LLutsiak

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Between October 3 and 5 Samsung did an update and put a Password on my cell as security.. and now I can't access it at all because I have no idea what the password is. Samsung won't take responsibility and won't break the code or give me access. Everyone I have talked to said that I will have to do a factory reset..meaning I will loose all my photos, contacts and my calendar. I don't want to do this unless I have no other alternative. I have only had the phone for 5 months.
Anyone have this same problem? If so, what did you do? Anyone know how to hack a phone with an unwanted Password?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This doesn't make much sense -- Samsung wouldn't update your phone with a password that you didn't create. Where is it asking for a password? Is it at the lockscreen? Or when you first boot the phone? Is it a lockscreen password or a privacy protection password?

LLutsiak

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Samsung did a security update and my phone now has a locked screen and needs a password to access anything on it. The date was reset to a much passed date.. I have attached pictures to show the phone when I have it on..
I never set up a password for access.. only did a "swipe" (as it shows on the first screen), but when I do this, the other screen comes up.. Have no idea how to break a password, but I have tried ever password that I have ever used and still can't get in.
Would be nice to know if anyone can do anything about this before I go to "Factory Reset"...

20161023_134909.jpg, 20161023_134919.jpg