can files on my s5 be retrevied?

galaxys5dead

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
for context i dropped my s5 on the upper right corner on pavement. The screen was actually smashed before but it worked, since it only shattered the surface but not the real screen. Now after this drop the phones screen is black/wont turn on. You know you get a different shade of black when the screen works but no, it doesn't do that, its dead. Im looking to replace the screen but the real question is: when i turn on the phone step 1. screen wont work. step2. the blue indicator light goes on and then dissapears(like on a normal boot.). step 3. the phone vibrates 3 times and then repeats the vibration a few times. step 4. when i plug the with usb to my pc, it says galaxys5 but no files found aka i think the phone doesn't boot properly. i have really important files on my phone and i dont want to lose them. since i think it boots faultyly(? english?) im not sure if replacing the screen works. Is it a motherboard malfunction and can the motherboard be replaced without data wipe ? I'd really be glad if anyone knows about this :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
For files on the phone, you have to get the screen repaired - and then see if the motherboard is okay. (If it's not, the files are gone). For files on the SD card, it's a lot easier. See Recovering Deleted Files for either one.

galaxys5dead

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
sec, there was some kind of an error. let me remove my sd from s3 and put it back in the s5. the s5 has been dead for a month now and just now im trying to revive it.
Edit: it says this folder is empty :(
but windows phone companion says my s5 battery is 90% loaded and i just noticed, the lights next to the button work , i mean back and app drawer lights. also when Charging the red notification light works, so there might be hope ?

galaxys5dead

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello Rukbat, i just removed the sd card and the files were there so nothing happened to the sd card.
If i get this straight, i have to fix my screen for about 125 euro and THEN see if the phone is recoverable ?
cause get me straight, im willing to do anything to get my s5 back to work. I really love this phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance