Microsoft Exchange problems

scottydufc

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi folks,

I'm having some trouble with my Microsoft Exchange server. On Saturday I was trying to send an email through the stock email app that came with my S5, the email simply would not send. I've had this trouble previously and removing my Hotmail account and then re-adding it would fix the problem. Unfortunately, after removing my Hotmail account I now cannot add it again. When going through the email setup, no matter whether I choose manual or auto setup, I keep getting "checking incoming server settings" message showing and it then stays like that.

I then noticed that all my contacts have been removed from my phone. I'm assuming that's happened because they were saved on my Microsoft Exchange account and not on my device or my sim card.

I've had to install a different email app to get my emails working but I still cannot reactivate my Microsoft Exchange account.

FYI - I'm in the UK using the 3 network.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

cykodelik_75

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
In which ever email app used, go to settings > exchange server settings > exchange server and change it from "m.hotmail.com" to "m.outlook.com".