Disable picture auto-tagging

rightnitro

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I was going through my pictures in my gallery and clicked the search button, and there were a ton of "tags" already in there (food, city scapes, night life, etc.) that I didn't create. Then when I click one of the words, it actually brings up some of my pictures that actually fit this category.

My question is, how is the phone doing this? How is it applying these tags to my photos? It's odd because when I view the information of a particular picture, the tag info is empty. I have every "auto-" thing disabled... or so I think.

Thanks.

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
there are three places that might be causing this. I just checked my default camera app (one that came with the phone (Camera version 3.0) in the app settings when I open camera I have location tag set to off. In the gallery app (gallery 6.01) settings in the app itself there is a tag buddy and a face tag check box. then in the application manager under permissions in both gallery and camera you have to allow location (I do but since I don't do face book at all I am not too worried, I have tag and location off in the apps) when I check Photos settings (google version of gallery) there are controls to turn off face grouping and remove geo location.

SM900V
build RU2DPJ2
android 6.01
Security November 1, 2016
Verizon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar