GS5 4 short beeps at random intervals

gijoecam

May 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife's stock Sprint GS5 is making four short beeps at random intervals, and I can't, for the life of me, figure out what's causing it. It's driving me nuts, keeping me awake at night, and I can't fugue it out! The beeps are a low tone, but it's like Chinese water torture all day and night! The volume of the beeps seems to be unaffected by any setting I can find. If it's connected to Bluetooth speakers, the car, or headphones, the sound comes from the connected device as well.

Here's what I've tried so far:

Manually adjusted all volume levels to 0
Turned off all app notifications I could find, both in the settings for the phone and all the apps
Turned off wifi network notifications
Verified NFC was off (it was)
Turned on Do Not Disturb mode

I tried installing CatLog in hopes of capturing it in the act, but that now requires root access to function.

I'm at a loss and about ready to reset her phone to stock in my last ditch effort. Any idea where else I should check?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Run you phone in Safe Mode for a few hours. If the phone continues to beep, it will be because of a stock Samsung Sprint app or setting. If it ceases to beep, the source will be one of your own user installed apps or settings and you will need to go through these to discover which one you have downloaded and set, that is causing the issue.

See #1.4 of...

S5 Update Problems - Dummies Guide

Last edited:

gijoecam

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I dug a little deeper into her apps this morning. Garmin Connect, the app that connects to her activity tracker, appears to be the culprit. Turning all the phone notifications off within that app seems to have worked for now. I'll re-enable them one at a time in a bit, but so far, it's promising!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I dug a little deeper into her apps this morning. Garmin Connect, the app that connects to her activity tracker, appears to be the culprit. Turning all the phone notifications off within that app seems to have worked for now. I'll re-enable them one at a time in a bit, but so far, it's promising!

So... a user app and setting! Glad you got it sorted. :)

gijoecam

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Yup. I disabled them in that app several weeks ago, but the app asks for permission to use them every time it launches. She must have blindly clicked the allow option (though she insists she didn't...)

gijoecam

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Well scratch that... It cut it back to a minimum, but it's still happening. Not as frequently, but definitely still beeping. After the bulk of the day, it started again. Not a happy camper...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85