S5 is horribly slow

LeoScoot

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
So I just got the most recent Samsung S5 System Update (1/28/17) and about an hour after the update, my phone became almost impossibly slow, I can barely do anything with it. I've been trying almost everything, rooting, wiping cache partition, and way more stuff. I think the update is the reason for my problem. Any way to uninstall the update and go back to the one before?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
So I just got the most recent Samsung S5 System Update (1/28/17) and about an hour after the update, my phone became almost impossibly slow, I can barely do anything with it. I've been trying almost everything, rooting, wiping cache partition, and way more stuff. I think the update is the reason for my problem. Any way to uninstall the update and go back to the one before?

Hello and welcome to Android Central LeoScoot!

It is always recommended, after an update, to wipe the phone's cache partition as per #1.3 of S5 Update Problems - Dummies Guide. The guide also lists a number of other steps you can take to improve the performance of your phone.

If you wish to downgrade, see #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, which describes how to download your previous firmware and flash it to your phone.

Last edited: