Settings are scrolled automatically at the bottom of the list and can't access the top

Birbals

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G901F) running on Android Version 6.0.1. I have recently switched off my phone during a flight and once I have started again it behives really weird.
More specifically every setting I'm trying to access is scrolled automatically at the bottom of the list. For example if open the WiFi networks setting where I would like to chose a network to connect to, it goes automatically at the bottom of the list. I can't scroll back up to see the first options....and it seems to jitter when I try to scroll back up. This happens for any other setting within the phne. If I open a browser or any other 3rd party app, the scroll function seems to work just fine.

I'm really desperate and not sure how to fix the problem. Yes, I have tried repeated times to restart, power off, took the battery out, etc. Does anyone had the same issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28456

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Birbals

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
Awesome! Tank you very much for your suggestion. I have only boot in safe mode, noticed that the problem dissappeardo and then boot back in normal mode without uninstalling any app. This seem to solve the problem and I still have all my apps.

obri

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Having played with this further I have been able to recreate the problem.

An easier/quicker way of fixing this problem is to go to Tab view/using the spen hold it to the left tab Personalisation and tap it until that screen stays in place/now go to Accessibility and scroll down to Services/ Turn off App Cache Cleaner.

This should fix the menu locking problem.

I then went to Smart Manager and used it manually without a problem.

If you cant trick it to move in Tab View you will have to re start your device in Safe Mode to access Personalisation/Accessibility/Services

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2