Samsung S5 will no longer allow me to set a custom text notification tone.

A

AC Question

Hi, my Samsung S5 used to allow me to set a custom notification tone, which it was set to. However one day, I woke up, the text notification tone was the default annoying whistle. I have tried every way I can to change this, I have gone through the default music app and tried to 'set' my previous custom tone. However there is no longer an option to set the custom tone as a notification, there are only the options to set it as a 'Phone ringtone' 'caller ringtone' and 'alarm ringtone' I have been to the sound and notification settings, however, again unlike the ringtone it will no longer allow me to select a custom notification tone. I have been to the default text-app settings directly, and under the 'Notification sound' option it says 'Default notification sound (unknown ringtone)' again when trying to change the notification tone this way, I am not allowed to access my own music library.

Does anyone have a solution?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to the App Manager, select the Messaging app, then Permissions, and make sure it has permission to access your files.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan