Corrupted Galaxy S5 Micro SD Card - Card Reader Failed.

A

AC Question

After two years of using my phone without any problems, I noticed one day that two thirds of my music and photos were missing when I tried to find them in my music player.

Closer investigation indicates that the phone (Galaxy S5) believes the card to be corrupted and the files cannot be found - even though the amount of free storage space left on my phone indicates the files are still in there.

I do not have a laptop, so I don't have a micro SD slot that I can insert it into directly to see if the files are okay or to upload them, reformat and transfer the files back. I only have my PC and an SD/Micro SD reader, and when I try to use that I am automatically told that the card 'must be formatted' before use - which obviously defeats the purpose of using the reader in the first place.

Given the issues detailed in other people's questions, it seems likely my music is still on the card and could be saved, but they were all able to use a laptop to solve their problem. Is there anything I can do or is there any other card reader I can buy that can do the job (I'd rather not buy another reader, but given that taking the card to a shop and having them try would likely cost much more, I'll happily buy another if it can do what I need it to).

Thank you. : )

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have access to any public computers, like at your local library? It really would be ideal to use a PC, so that you can try to backup whatever files you can, then run chkdsk to see if you can repair any bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

SD cards are not the most reliable storage medium, and they can fail without warning. Don't rely on them as your sole storage location for important files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy