s6 active on t mobile

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the galaxy s6 active will work on t mobile if the phone is unlocked.i have tried other AT&T phone's but can never get mms to work.

Posted via the Android Central App

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the galaxy s6 active will work on t mobile if the phone is unlocked.i have tried other AT&T phone's but can never get mms to work.

You probably just need to adjust apns.. Have you ever done that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Perx

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have an active on tmo, my apn was epc.tmobile.com by default and I wasn't picking up LTE where I am so I had to change to fast.t-mobile.com. Other than that it's smooth sailing.

One other thing to mention, I'm not able to get ota updates. I had to borrow a AT&T sim to download an update. There might be other ways to do it but I haven't figured it out yet.

kobrapack99

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. Can you send mms messages okay?

After changing the APN settings, my phone works better than my nexus 5 and T-Mobile branded Z3. MMS works perfectly. I had issues with SMS and MMS on my Z3 and since switching to this phone I've had none.

bfinch98

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Were you able to get the wifi calling enabled? I love the s6 active, but wifi calling is a MUST with my poor T-Mobile coverage area.

bfinch98

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Sorry - supposed to be a replay to Perx.

Were you able to get the wifi calling enabled? I love the s6 active, but wifi calling is a MUST with my poor T-Mobile coverage area.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry - supposed to be a replay to Perx.

I don't think you'll ever find a way to enable Wifi Calling from T-mobile on any other carrier's phone, it's part of the T-Mobile proprietary software, not even the HD Voice or VoLTE work on it because of similar situation.

Perx

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Correct I haven't seen a way to enable the wifi calling, kind of expected that'd be the case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney