clicking on side of phone

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Might be crazy, but can you guys press into the side of the phone right underneath the volume button? I can press in far enough that I can hear an audible click sound.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Might be crazy, but can you guys press into the side of the phone right underneath the volume button? I can press in far enough that I can hear an audible click sound.

Ugh there is on mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Mine does this too. Is it something to be concerned about?

I don't know. For me, I grip the phone at that spot and it's annoying to keep feeling the side pop in and out. I felt a few today at the ATT store. More of them did this than not.

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know. For me, I grip the phone at that spot and it's annoying to keep feeling the side pop in and out. I felt a few today at the ATT store. More of them did this than not.

Same mine is barely noticeable though have to really squeeze it

gizak

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I experienced the same... a barely noticiable click if I really squeezed on the side below the volume keys. i don't think it's a big deal, at least I hope it doesn't become one.

Actually, I can't even get it to "click" now...

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed this today. My guess is that the rubber bumper is not properly suck down. The click feeling is from something sticky gripping then releasing.

Not sure if I'll send the phone back, I have a couple of days to decide.

AoN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk 2

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. Guess I need to do an exchange.

I had a similar issue on the bottom of the phone and did an exchange. It's a new phone it should not have any defects that you have to live with for the next year or two out of the box when you pay a premium price for said phone. My new phone is soft spot and click free :)

Calahan Hempe

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I have clicking under my volume keys and near the micro usb port. This is my second unit, I will try to take it back and get another one. Love the phone but don't want to worry about the ip68 certification failing. Has anybody had to exchange more than one?

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
There're several similar posts in a thread over at the xda s6 forum. Looks as though this is a very common problem. One guy there is on his third unit, which now also does it. I decided not to worry about it- the bumpers are just a wrap anyway. AoN

dingyibvs

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I think it's a gluing issue. It clicked for the first time after a very extensive use session, probably from heat loosening the glue and thermal expansion of the inside components. It went away after cooling down, but came back after another heavy use session, and now it's always present.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I have checked a bunch of units at various ATT stores and around half of them had this issue to some degree or another. My exchanged unit has it although much less than the original one I had.

Last edited:

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Also, dude at xda went swimming several times with a clicking bumper, still waterproof. AoN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk 2

Calahan Hempe

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, I have been apart of the thread on XDA as well. I need to decide now if the hassle of trying to find a unit that doesn't click is more or less trouble than the grief caused me by feeling it click all the time :D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae