Does tempered glass hinder the functioning of physical buttons on the S6 Active?

dingyibvs

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: does tempered glass hinder the functioning of physical buttons on the S6 active

I have the supershieldz screen protector. Initially, I thought that I'd be a bit annoyed by the fact that it doesn't quite wrap around the buttons on the bottom or the speaker/camera at the top, but it actually looks pretty good. It was super easy to apply, no bubbles at all, there's zero glare, is super clear, and feels exactly like the original screen whether it's touch sensitivity or finger gliding. It really is super hard too, only microscratches thus far which every tempered glass screen protector would have. You have to be really looking for those microscratches to see them, they're completely invisible under normal use.

I can't imagine why anyone would pay for $35 tempered glass screen protectors. The Supershieldz is $7, so forget about lifetime warranties unless you think you're gonna break 5 of them.

With that said, I AM rather interested in the a GG4 screen protector, maybe Phantom Glass will make one? It's really for academic interest, I want to see how that really compares with regular tempered glass.

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
So I decided to see what kind of impact the bodyguardz could take on my workbench. I had the largest flat head screwdriver I had and dropped it about 16" onto the tempered glass blade side down. I did this over and over again and it didn't shatter as long as I didn't hit with the corner of the screwdriver. I then let it fall skewed and it punctured the glass. It left a divit in the glass that protruded onto the other side. I did the same thing at the bottom half and again it did the same thing. So it makes me wonder that if hit hard enough to puncture the tempered glass it may also damage the LCD. Nothing is really bullet proof anyway.
This was going in the trash anyway as I like the zagg better.
Also with glass we don't know what makes a $7 or $35 glass any better than the other. It seems most companies don't disclose all their info.

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: does tempered glass hinder the functioning of physical buttons on the S6 active

By the way I looked at the supershiedz but there is no website or nothing. Reason I went with zagg as they are a known quality manufacture.

Posted via the Android Central App

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site

By the way I looked at the supershiedz but there is no website or nothing. Reason I went with zagg as they are a known quality manufacture.

I have bought a ton of glass screen protectors from amazon. For a variety of different phones. None of them cost more that 10 bucks and all of them worked well. When in doubt, check the user reviews. I put more stock into those than anything else.

Gaius Baltar

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I don't like the recessed buttons on the Bodyguardz. I was shocked to discover it when the AT&T put it on and almost had them take it right off. It's isn't the end of the world but my thumb does feel off after a lot of pressing. I already have a small divot in the strip of the glass protector that runs below the physical buttons, at the bottom of the phone's perimeter edge. I imagine that if this broken area expands much closer to the buttons it will feel a bit sharp and then I'll have to take the whole Bodyguardz off for good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781