Bizarre email from Zagg about Tempered Glass

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a Bodyguardz Tempered Glass on and didn't like the feel of the recessed buttons with the full coverage of the glass. I then put a Zagg Tempered Glass and like that. I wanted to register the Zagg but couldn't find it on the website so I sent them an email to please add it so I can register the Glass. Here is what I got back.

"I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles registering the Glass InvisibleShield for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. That shield is exclusive only to AT&T because they are the only company that makes that phone. They have recently discontinued making the Glass InvisibleShield for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active for a few reasons. First, the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active has a rugged design that’s engineered for outdoor activities. It can withstand inclement weather conditions and absorbs most impacts. The Glass InvisibleShield is made out of a tempered glass and can not meet those expectations.

However, we do make the HDX InvisibleShield for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. The Extreme impact protection makes your screen three times more shatterproof so your phone is in good hands, even if it falls out of your hands. Also, it’s scientifically formulated with smart molecules to heal from scratches and dings over and over.

We would be more than happy to register the HDX InvisibleShield on your account. If your InvisibleShield ever shows signs of scratches or wear, we’ll replace it, no questions asked, for the life of your device."

WTF does "The Glass InvisibleShield is made out of a tempered glass and can not meet those expectations" mean?
Also it looks like they are trying to say the HDX is more shatterproof and they make those now. Too bad if you look at the reviews of the HDX peoples screens are shattering no matter what.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't matter that the glass cannot withstand the required impact; that it breaks (absorbing a significant fraction of the impact-energy) is what saves the screen underneath. I'll stick with the tempered glass overlay, thanks. AoN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk 2

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Agree with Jackal- never cracked a screen, have certainly scratched one with a sandy finger. AoN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk 2

Chas9rr

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
So is zagg telling us that we spent $35 on something with a lifetime warranty that they are already not going to stand behind? And how is it that our phone is more "rugged" than their tempered glass protector with a (claimed) 9H (bs) hardness? Had I known there was not really a lifetime warranty I might have got one off the Internet for 8 bucks. I have used Zagg for a long time, and thought they were a quality company, but i am pretty disappointed with them right now.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Good Morning,

I purchased a Zagg Glass InvisibleShield for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active at AT&T when I purchased the phone. I went on the Zagg website and saw that they do not show the Glass InvisibleShield for the Galaxy S6 Active. So I contacted support:

https://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/support/contact

I explained how I got the product and sent them a copy of the receipt. They replied back:

"Thank you for registering your Samsung Galaxy S 6 Active GLASS Screen on ZAGG.com!

Please note: this is not a warranty replacement order. You have successfully registered your ZAGG product on ZAGG.com and are now eligible to order warranty replacements at your convenience, as needed.

For more information on how to order a warranty replacement for your ZAGG product, please visit us at:

ZAGG FAQ "

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
So you were able to register a product for a warranty claim if needed that has been discontinued or so they say. Even though they said they offer the hdx I don't see anything for the active on their website. Hopefully they will return my email on Monday.
I was actually thinking about going with a film like my last phone but glass is all the rage so I thought I would try it.
Maybe zagg made a one time batch run of 10k glass protectors and sold them directly to att for resale???

Last edited:

Chas9rr

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Jackal, this was my first glass protector, always used their film previously and have to say, I loved it for its ease of installation alone. I am tempted to go buy a couple extras, but damn, ya pay alot for a life time warranty which apparently does not exist.

I really like the zagg glass for our phone. It is so thin, it barely goes any higher than the ridge that is already around our screens. I am glad i got it, i was going to go naked, but thought what the hell, give it a shot.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
The AT&T store here in Richmond will do one warranty replacement for ZAGG and Bodyguardz. Have you tried taking the screen protector and receipt back to AT&T?

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Ya I guess we can try that if we break it. Just tell them Zagg don't carry them online for replacements. I'll worry about it if I need it replaced.

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
So here is zaggs reply.

the Glass InvisibleShield does not meet the needs of the Galaxy s6 active. We are happy to do a warranty replacement whenever you need it, we would just have to do it with the HDX InvisibleShield. The HDX InvisibleShield is meant to take more of a beating like the Active phone.
So they registered my tempered glass and if I break it I guess they will send the hdx which I'm guessing that is a film and not glass.

Posted via the Android Central App on my GS6 Active

Last edited:

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll bet you can push it if you want to; if they offered a tempered glass protector for the s6a with a lifetime guarantee, legally they probably (I'm no lawyer) have to honour it. Otherwise it would fall into "bait and switch" consumer protection, which has big teeth ;)

AoN

TheyCallMeBriaN

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Before I read this post, I had the idea that zagg wants people to try the HDX. They themselves state the HDX to have higher shatter protection than their own glass protector and the HDX is also the product that is marketed the most on their website.

I have always purchased their glass and have had three replacements honored so I know Zagg is a reputable company and produces quality products. What perplexes me however is why they push sales of the HDX over glass. Because currently, customers prefer glass screen protectors and that's the primary item they will be comparing with other manufacturers.

From this you can gather that either
A) the HDX genuinely does offer more shatter resistance than the glass and zagg is trying to show that glass isn't the ultimate screen protector
or
B) it offers less protection and they only want to sell a more profitable product

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995