Notifications Delayed While Phone Is Asleep?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have an issue where their notifications don't come in until they wake the phone? I've had some apps that won't push notifications after the phone goes to sleep. They come in as soon as I wake the phone or open that app. I don't have that issue on my Nexus 6. I really want to use the Active for the camera and battery life, but this is a pain. I'm thinking about a factory reset to see if that helps things.

Anyone else notice this and know of a fix?

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I encountered the same issue. It is annoying. I notice it happens occasionally on my G4 as well. It can't be an Android issue because it never happens with my Nexus 6.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I encountered the same issue. It is annoying. I notice it happens occasionally on my G4 as well. It can't be an Android issue because it never happens with my Nexus 6.
Hmmm, that doesn't sound promising. Is your G4 on AT&T as well? I want to use this phone but I don't want to miss notifications when they come in. What's the point of a smartphone if I can't use it as one?

gizak

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i have noticed this as well, although not frequently. Still when it occurs, it's more than an annoyance as some notifications could be critical for my work.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
i have noticed this as well, although not frequently. Still when it occurs, it's more than an annoyance as some notifications could be critical for my work.
Same for me. That's not good. I'd really like to use this over my Nexus. I may try a factory reset and a new SIM card just to see if it does anything. I wonder what the culprit us since this doesn't happen on my Nexus?

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, that doesn't sound promising. Is your G4 on AT&T as well? I want to use this phone but I don't want to miss notifications when they come in. What's the point of a smartphone if I can't use it as one?

Yes, I have the G4 with AT&T. On another note, as much as I like the G4, I still keep going back to the Nexus 6. The average person will probably not notice the things us phone junkies do. Having said that, there is no Android phone smoother than the Nexus. I like them all and that is the problem. If I wasn't a junkie, I would have nothing to compare. When you own multiple phones, you pick up on the little niggles with each phone. AARRGGHH... I like the screen and phone size of the G4. It is perfect for me. The S6 is just a tad too small. The life dilemmas I have. LOL.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have the G4 with AT&T. On another note, as much as I like the G4, I still keep going back to the Nexus 6. The average person will probably not notice the things us phone junkies do. Having said that, there is no Android phone smoother than the Nexus. I like them all and that is the problem. If I wasn't a junkie, I would have nothing to compare. When you own multiple phones, you pick up on the little niggles with each phone. AARRGGHH... I like the screen and phone size of the G4. It is perfect for me. The S6 is just a tad too small. The life dilemmas I have. LOL.
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm a junky too and I notice every little issue with every phone (including iPhones when I feel like trying those too). It's quite a pain.

I keep flipping between a Nexus 6 and an S6 in some form or fashion. I really like everything about the S6 aside from the battery life - and this notification problem. I also think the Nexus 6 is the smoothest Android experience. But it's just a bit too big for my liking. I'm sure I'll jump on the next Nexus if it's any smaller than this one. It can be a pain to use in some situations. I'll probably end up on an S6 for awhile. I like the Active, but not a fan of the 32gb of storage.

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm a junky too and I notice every little issue with every phone (including iPhones when I feel like trying those too). It's quite a pain.

I keep flipping between a Nexus 6 and an S6 in some form or fashion. I really like everything about the S6 aside from the battery life - and this notification problem. I also think the Nexus 6 is the smoothest Android experience. But it's just a bit too big for my liking. I'm sure I'll jump on the next Nexus if it's any smaller than this one. It can be a pain to use in some situations. I'll probably end up on an S6 for awhile. I like the Active, but not a fan of the 32gb of storage.

I've contemplated getting the S6A but can't pull the trigger. Every OS has it own little jank, including iOS. I just happen to prefer Android. I, too wish the Nexus 6 was a 5.5 inch phone. It would be perfect for me. Add in a camera like the G4 or S6 and you'd almost have the perfect smartphone.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've contemplated getting the S6A but can't pull the trigger. Every OS has it own little jank, including iOS. I just happen to prefer Android. I, too wish the Nexus 6 was a 5.5 inch phone. It would be perfect for me. Add in a camera like the G4 or S6 and you'd almost have the perfect smartphone.
Yeah, it's a nice phone. Battery life is insane. But they gotta get more storage in there. Yeah, they all have issues. I prefer Android too. Always come back to it if I take a brief hiatus. If they'd just make an S6 GPE (yes I know they won't) I'd be in heaven.