S6 active thinks its in virtual reality mode

cppenguins66

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
So I recently switched from apple to my very first non apple smart phone and now my s6 active thinks its in virtual reality mode. I got the phone on saturday, 4 days ago and am now having issues. Right before it did this also the phone kept saying "dock is connected" in the top banner. It flashed this about 10 or more times before deciding to do its own thing. Any ideas on what this could be? Phone will not turn off also when the power button is held. However when I receive an email I can hear the phone get it. Also I haven't downloaded any crazy apps or jail broken the phone, not even sure if you can jail break it.

Seriously considering returning the phone if this is what happens after only 4 days...

Attachments

• IMG_2016.jpg
    IMG_2016.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 36

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Settings, personal, backup and reset. Do a factory reset.
There is no way to root or custom this phone at this time so don't even worry about it.

Posted via the Android Central App on my GS6 Active

cppenguins66

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the help. However now my keyboard will not pop up, so I cannot enter my pin to reset the phone.

Do you think I could have a defective device if I'm having these issues so soon? I may try to call AT&T and see if they can replace it.

Curtwsp

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I've read on here that holding down the volume down and home button simulates taking the battery out. give that a try. It might get you to the point where you can do a factory reset.

Gaius Baltar

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This Gear VR bug has been happening to a number of S6 Active, S6 and S6 Edge users. Mine also gives that erroneous "Dock is connected" and other notifications related to charging and the Micro USB port. Mine will be going to the service center soon for replacement.

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
How do you even put the phone in vr gear mode or does it do it automatically if gear vr is detected?

Posted via the Android Central App on my GS6 Active

Gaius Baltar

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
How do you even put the phone in vr gear mode or does it do it automatically if gear vr is detected?

I think you plug the phone into the front of the Gear VR headset, via the Micro USB port. So some of these phones are falsely detecting several types of USB Port connections: Gear VR, dock, charger, and even the 'power sharing' mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz