1 week of ownership

Malsurveyor

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Traded my original moto x in last sunday. This is my first Samsung device. After 2 days with this, I took it back cuz of the clicking on the side and got another (grey). Well, I can feel the same clicking on my second although not nearly as bad. A case may make me forget about it. Call quality is DIFFERENT than the motor Ive had for the last 4 years. Not worse, but different. Problem is my wife says I sound like I'm on helium when I talk to her. I really want to like this phone, but call quality and build quality are 2 issues I do not want to compromise on. I have til sat 25th to return it and walk away. I'm hoping for more details on the new moto x to leak before their in it on the 28th. I really don't want to give this phone up. Ahhhh decisions, decisions.....

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the active is great. I have no real issues. All the best of the S6 with the extra durability.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Traded my original moto x in last sunday. This is my first Samsung device. After 2 days with this, I took it back cuz of the clicking on the side and got another (grey). Well, I can feel the same clicking on my second although not nearly as bad. A case may make me forget about it. Call quality is DIFFERENT than the motor Ive had for the last 4 years. Not worse, but different. Problem is my wife says I sound like I'm on helium when I talk to her. I really want to like this phone, but call quality and build quality are 2 issues I do not want to compromise on. I have til sat 25th to return it and walk away. I'm hoping for more details on the new moto x to leak before their in it on the 28th. I really don't want to give this phone up. Ahhhh decisions, decisions.....

I don't know where you buy your phones but I would have them open different boxes up to see if you can find one that doesn't click. The only clicking I have on mine is when I push one of the buttons and it is supposed to do that. As to the call quality, you should try a different phone yourself and let someone else answer your Active and listen to how they sound, again mine is crystal clear and I have no issues with it. Unless other people say that you sound like you're on helium it may be a issue with your wife's phone.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I too, have owned the s6 Active for one week yesterday. I have used it as my daily driver for a week. I also have an S6, Nexus 6, Asus Zenfone 2 and iPhone 6+ for comparison. I must say this phone has really grown on me. I am not really in a position to need a rugged device but tried it out after many reviewers just raved about it. Initially I hesitated due to the lack of the fingerprint scanner which I have come to love on my iPhone and S6. iPhone is way more developed in apps that can take advantage of this but it is still a nice feature on the S6. The other issue that cause me to hesitate was that it only came in 32GB. After owning the S4 Google Play edition and one of the update literally rendered the sd card unusable to most apps in their ability to write to and delete from etc, I started to migrate away from SD cards. In fact only my Zenfone 2 can accept a micro SD card and the rest are 64GB, which I feel is the minimum I want. I have successfully moved my music to google play music and my pictures and video to one drive and I also carry a 64GB micro SD card in my Meenova on my keychain if I need to move long videos of my kids etc off my phone. So I felt I could try the 32GB in the Active. The benefits were rugged body and IP68 certification etc. The same camera, internals and performance of the S6 really appealed to me.

The first few days I tried to hammer the battery. My best was a 19 hour day with a 5:15 SOT with 33% remaining on the battery before passing out. That was about as much as I could throw at the S6 Active during a work day so it passed that test with flying colors. I like the size, feel and heft of the Active. The screen is probably among the best screens going and the calls are loud and crisp. Since my kids like to get loud as soon as I get on the phone, I love the volume booster while on a call! I did not buy it to take in the water or to throw it around, but it is nice knowing it could most likely survive if I did!

Overall my experience has been superb! This is a device that in my mind if it had 64GB, would be nearly everything I would want if I designed my own device. Fast charging AND Qi and PMA wireless charging, IR baster for when the kids steal my remote, nice selfie camera which lets you say cheese or show your palm to take the picture! Such useful features!

The S6 Active is a keeper! First up to be sold is the Nexus 6...

Malsurveyor

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Battery is great. Camera is great. The clicking thing which is described in its own thread here, is not present at the time of ownership. It has happened on both phones after 2 days of use. I knew about it from this forum, so I made sure to squeeze it like I was in the produce dept. I will have my wife talk on it to me so I can hear how she sounds.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did your wife have an issue before getting your active? If not then I say it may be a defective unit for you.

Malsurveyor

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Nahhh, no issue of me sounding like helium on my moto. It may be her talking out her arse. BTW, just noticed yesterday that my wallpaper "floats" a little. If I turn and twist my phone with the wallpaper up, it moves slightly with the position of the phone. Assuming it's to prevent possible burn in? Kinda cool if it's supposed to do that.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
...BTW, just noticed yesterday that my wallpaper "floats" a little. If I turn and twist my phone with the wallpaper up, it moves slightly with the position of the phone. Assuming it's to prevent possible burn in? Kinda cool if it's supposed to do that.

This sounds like a Live wallpaper. This particular one that you are describing creates kind of a 3D effect when you twist/move the device.

I played around with one for a while a couple of years ago and had to switch to a non-Live wallpaper because the phone was having battery issues and I need to conserve power.

But I think it is a pretty cool affect! With the size if the battery in the S6A, you probably won't have to worry about the Live wallpaper draining your battery!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active using the Tapatalk app