MMS converting to group message between the sender, myself, and myself...

tverhoeve

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I receive a picture message from someone (who I already have a two-way sms thread with), it comes as a group message between the sender, myself, and my phone number is listed as the third member of the group. If I then respond to this "group", I will immediately receive my own text message.

Here is an example:.5Oq4Yzl.png

If I send a picture (within our two-way thread, there are no issues on either end). The sender also doesn't have a group thread, only me.

This is happening on a Galaxy S6 Active from AT&T that I unlocked and am using on the Koodo network in Canada. Any advice? Not the end of the world, but frustrating, since I can't use the Album feature of the messaging app to view all the pictures that have been sent in our thread.

tverhoeve

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I somehow fixed mine, but I'm not sure which of the many things I did solved the problem. Unfortunately I couldn't get my friends to text me a pic after each thing I tried. I think it was one of two things.

1: I had recently upgraded my phone, and my old phone (GS4) had a micro-sim card instead of a nano-sim card so I had to go get a nano-sim from Koodo. They never actually took my old SIM and it was just in my old phone not being used. Even though the GS4 was off and technically wasn't allowed to use the network, I took the SIM out of my old phone. Maybe the network was tricked into thinking my phone number was on the network twice, and that's why it made a group. I'm sure someone will chime in how little sense this makes.

2. I put my AT&T sim into my GS6, and finally set up the stupid ATT contact book. I was wondering if for some reason deep down, my phone still was associating itself with my AT&T number, and that's why it saw this new number as being different, so made it a group. Powered on and off a couple times, then put my Koodo sim back in, powered on and off a couple times.

Problem is now solved. Not sure what did it. I don't think any changes I made in any settings menus actually did anything.

nicksizzle

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely the ATT contact book! I'm no longer on ATT so I couldn't set it up by popping the SIM back in. However, the "my info" contact shows the temporary number ATT gave me, so that's why I'm getting dupes. I'm unable to modify this contact, need to figure out how to do it - or obliterate it from the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2