Auto connect to known WiFi network - Help please

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Recently I noticed my phone will not auto connect to know WiFi networks unless I reboot the phone. It's on multiple WiFi networks as well, so I know it's not an issue isolated to one particular router. This is killing me as I am mistakenly using up my data when I have access to a WiFi network. I always just keep the WIFI turned on, and let it auto connect to known networks such as work, home, friend's WiFi etc.

So for example if I am connected to my house WiFi, leave the area and come back, the phone won't again connect to my WiFi until I reboot the phone. Once I reboot, the phone auto connects to my WiFi and stays connected with no issues

I'm finding a good amount of bugs with the phone and so far no resolution to any of the issues. Getting frustrated as the phone wasn't cheap

Any ideas? Thank you

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
never had that issue. mine auto connects everytime and my wifi goes to sleep a lot. everytime i pick it up it autoconnects. I don't have any suggestions on how to fix.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the fast reply. I am trying to avoid a hard reset. Hoping 5.1 will come soon and eliminate some of the issues I'm running into.

Furiouso

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue and all my apps are up to date. I just started noticing this was an issue this month. Could have been a problem before but I'm just noticing it.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue and all my apps are up to date. I just started noticing this was an issue this month. Could have been a problem before but I'm just noticing it.

It's still happening with my phone as well actually. It definitely subsided though after updating all my apps but it still fails to connect on occasion. Usually I notice it after using a ton of my data. Pisses me off.

Once I reboot my phone the WiFi connects with no problems

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've owned many android phones through the years and this one is by far the worst when it comes to Wifi. You shouldn't have to randomly reboot your phone to get the Wifi to connect on a $600+ device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae