Wireless Charging

GAZH13

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Have had my phone about 3 weeks and use wireless Charging at night while I'm sleeping. This morning was the second time that it did not charge. The charger light and the phone led had turned green showing the charge was complete but the charge was only at 60% Not sure if the phone is not sitting on the charger right or that it might be getting bumped at night. The charger light turned blue,phone led turned red and the display said it was charging when I went to sleep. Hopefully it is not something breaking down.Using the Samsung charger. Anyone else have similar experience while charging?

Posted via the Android Central App

GAZH13

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
It looks like it is not going to be dependable to charge at night. Woke up this morning and it was charged to 62%.Checked the battery status and the phone has not been fully charged since yesterday. So the phone did not charge all the way and start discharging. Something is going on cause the phone and charger had green lights, so they both were showing fully charged. My battery lasts all day so I don't need the charger to top it off. Maybe I will eventually get another type of charger.

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
do what I did. go to best buy, buy another samsung charger, test it out, and return the one that doesn't work. after calling samsung for a stupid piece of plastic charger with issues, they wanted me to RMA the thing, test it for damage, fix it, and return it which would have taken 2 weeks instead of just sending me another one.
the one that didn't work came with a white quick charge cable and stated on the box, worked with GS6 Active. Got one from best buy that had the black standard cable and only stated works with the S6 and S6 Edge. That one works fine.

GAZH13

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
The last two mornings everything has worked fine. I have been unplugging the charger in the morning and plugging it in again when I am ready to charge the phone. The instructions do say to unplug after use. Maybe it needed a reset. I ordered my charger from amazon, has the black charging cable and says nothing about working with the active. Amazon made a mistake when I ordered and sent me two chargers but only charged for one. They told me to keep the extra one so I guess I made out alright.

jake14mw

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
It's funny, I have had my S6 active for only about 5 days, and the battery life is so good that charging is not nearly as much of an issue as with past phones. Then, when I do need to charge the fast charger is so fast. I ordered a wireless charger, but now I'm thinking about how unnecessary it is.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It's funny, I have had my S6 active for only about 5 days, and the battery life is so good that charging is not nearly as much of an issue as with past phones. Then, when I do need to charge the fast charger is so fast. I ordered a wireless charger, but now I'm thinking about how unnecessary it is.

I thought the same thing, but I like having the phone on my Tylt charger at night, kind of works like a stand. Also quick charge is a savior but hadn't really needed to use it much till the last week or so, all of a sudden my S6 Active is dying quicker than it has since I got it. I can't find anything out of the ordinary that can be killing my battery, GSam shows nothing different, no new apps, the battery just isn't lasting as long as it did when it was new. My thoughts are the battery is just getting weaker, I have had this phone since it came out, but still that's not very long ago for the battery to already starting to get weaker.

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
My friend gifted me a couple of non-Samsung pads when he moved from the S6 Edge to the MotoX Pure.

One generic one (no branding), and a PowerBot Qi charging pad. I have the generic one setup on my nightstand, and the other at work. Both are performing as expected. The one on the nightstand is working fine charging to 100% overnight.

Couple of things to check:
  1. Check the charger maybe you need a 2.1a output to your wireless pad
  2. On some of my usb cords, the micro usb end will not completely seat into the wireless charging base because the moulding is too large, it may seem like it is in, but isn't seated properly.

rockonz723

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

I agree. My wireless charger has also been weird overnight. I figure the phone has some kind of shut off feature if the battery gets too warm or to prevent it from overcharging or something. It only started after I got a bumper for the phone though... so...

Anyway, even if I leave the house at 60%, I have another wireless charger at my desk, and I'll still usually have 20%+ at end of the day depending on usage.

rockonz723

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I thought the same thing, but I like having the phone on my Tylt charger at night, kind of works like a stand. Also quick charge is a savior but hadn't really needed to use it much till the last week or so, all of a sudden my S6 Active is dying quicker than it has since I got it. I can't find anything out of the ordinary that can be killing my battery, GSam shows nothing different, no new apps, the battery just isn't lasting as long as it did when it was new. My thoughts are the battery is just getting weaker, I have had this phone since it came out, but still that's not very long ago for the battery to already starting to get weaker.

I've definitely had a decrease in performance from "brand new" to "couple months old". I think that's pretty typical for batteries though.