How can I stop my Galaxy S6 Active screen from freezing?

shelbyrowe912

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S6 Active Screen keeps freezing

I've had my Galaxy S6 Active less than 24 hours and have already had issues with the screen freezing up and not recognizing my input when typing on the keyboard during texts, swiping to unlock or when trying to open apps. So frustrating! How can I fix this?

GreetingsFromAP

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 Active Screen keeps freezing

I had the same issue. Sometimes the keyboard is very laggy. Other times the screen would also freeze up during an unlock. It would usually show the wallpaper, then go back to being locked, shut the screen on, then go back on. Sometimes it wouldn't recognize swipe to unlock. For the most part, my phone has been behaving pretty well lately. I did 2 things that might be helping. I did a factory reset and when I logged back into Google, I told it not to restore my applications. So far I've just add the applications as I need them. I can't point out the culprit, really none of my apps should cause that kind of lag, yet the lag was occurring. I also didn't disable anything with Package Disabler either.

Est_XCIV

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Usually when it lags pretty bad I end up restarting my phone and that usually fixes it. People have said a factory reset can help fix it too but I don't feel like going through that hassle.

Faelach

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site

I would recommend installing the Google Keyboard from the play store. I installed it as soon as I set up the phone, and have not had any issues. It's a great, accurate keyboard with incredibly accurate swipe features built in as well, if you're into that.

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to hear but the only thing that helped for me is a factory reset. The good thing is that I haven't needed to do it since. The phone is a champ now! (Except the RAM management, but it is bearable)