Guess I'm going to leave AT&T if we don't get 6.0 by the end of the month.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Android shouldn't forget about the S6 Active, at least I don't understand why they would. This is a relatively new phone, so it should be regularly updated with the latest OS.

Posted via the Android Central App

It's not a Google or Android problem, it's AT&T. They are terrible with updates, and it appears even worse with their "exclusive" phones.

Est_XCIV

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Battery life:

Decided to try out doze mode and unplugged my phone after a full charge before going to sleep. When I woke up after 10 or so hours it was at 99%. Before the side load it always used to end up around 90%. Screen on time has been improved as well.

Performance:

Definitely snappier and the animations and transitions are smoother. For me when turning the screen on, the screen on it turns on a but slower and turning the screen off is quicker than before. (My personal issues). Wifi calling is enabled and works perfectly for me. As usual there are app permissions which are a big plus for me.

This is almost 24 hours into the side load and I'm already in love. I thought I would have to buy a new phone after my AT&T Next payment term ends but 6.0.1 makes it feel like a brand new device.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Battery life:

Decided to try out doze mode and unplugged my phone after a full charge before going to sleep. When I woke up after 10 or so hours it was at 99%. Before the side load it always used to end up around 90%. Screen on time has been improved as well.

Performance:

Definitely snappier and the animations and transitions are smoother. For me when turning the screen on, the screen on it turns on a but slower and turning the screen off is quicker than before. (My personal issues). Wifi calling is enabled and works perfectly for me. As usual there are app permissions which are a big plus for me.

This is almost 24 hours into the side load and I'm already in love. I thought I would have to buy a new phone after my AT&T Next payment term ends but 6.0.1 makes it feel like a brand new device.

Nice. Thanks for the info

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
By the time AT&T releases Marshmallow OTA, everyone here will have sideloaded it. #GuessImGoingtoLeaveATTifWeDontGet7.0bytheEndof2017.

Blaine_wave

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Oh, now that you mention it, AT&T is pretty bad with their technology, considering they provide cell service. I mean, just take a look at their website, and the preinstalled apps that we can't get rid of.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I can assure you that I have received no OTA updates. My sons have a GS5 and GS6 and they were both updated though! :D

AT&T is being slow at sending them out to all devices. Just be patient, you'll get yours. Everyone, well the ones that were waiting for the OTA, received theirs, I think June 22nd.

jgenn3

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I came from several BlackBerry devices that never got the updates they were promised so I'm used to the neglect... if need be I will sideload. At least that is an option.

Mal Lignant Tumor

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, for other reasons, I'm now using an S7 ACTIVE. But, my S6 Active is being used by my wife. Her S5 has gone to the graveyard of cell/smartphones (a box in our closet☺)

Hurtzher

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is being slow at sending them out to all devices. Just be patient, you'll get yours. Everyone, well the ones that were waiting for the OTA, received theirs, I think June 22nd.

Thanks for the info. I have the patience of Job. After looking at the Marshmallow update on my son's GS6....really, I didn't see much difference and I certainly didn't see any night and day difference in battery life. I'm fine where I'm at - no hurry.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I only said it because I thought the poster may have a Note 5. If not, then yeah I already Know that NOT ALL devices have received it. Thank you very much.

I'm not trying to stir anything up, but you do realize that this a thread in the S6 Active section of the forums. I don't recall saying anything about a Note 5.

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
There is no telling what the real reason for AT&T to drag their feet on pushing out the update. They have a team of developers to put bloat apps in the update and I'm pretty Samsung sent them a working update.

With that said......
I did side-load the update about a month ago and so far, it is great. It is a lot smoother and I would say the battery is a bit better. I have always gotten good battery life, but now I keep the location on high accuracy all of the time. The battery usage screen seems to be more accurate. I love the permissions, I found apps using things that they would never need. Oh, I am normally a Nova guy, but I have been using TouchWiz and I like it quite a bit.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude