s6 active update

pmart14

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I am trying to update my active to 5.1.1 and my father has the same phone, and automatically got the update this morning, so I went to settings and tried to do it manually but while it was checking for an update it said update was interupted and that no software update was available check again in 24 hours. I'm currently running 5.0.2 any help is greatly appreciated thank you

Posted via the Android Central App

dingyibvs

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
You need at least 6GB of free space to install. It happened to me as well, I cleared up some space and set my time forward and it downloaded and installed.

pmart14

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I have 15 gigs available, It also says there is not update available it's not even getting to the update availability, it is just saying that the software update is interupted and to check again in 24 hours this is very frustrating

hanamizi168

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I have 15 gigs available, It also says there is not update available it's not even getting to the update availability, it is just saying that the software update is interupted and to check again in 24 hours this is very frustrating

Disable automatic time update, set the time to 24 hours later. Cleat cache data. At least 8 GB storage.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I do have an ATT sim card I believe I am on a plan with my mom and Dad through ATT

I would wait until 24 hours from the last time you checked, make sure you are on wifi and have a fully charged battery and reboot your phone to see if it comes through.

Posted via my S6 Active with Samsung Pay!

hanamizi168

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I don't think the time affects the update being interrupted

It doesn't but it helps you to save 24 hours. I have the same message of interruption first time when I only have 2gb space. Then I clear cache and other stuffs, brings up around 8gb space, and also enable every things which originally disable by package disabler. The second time update succeed. Hope this help.

Faelach

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
To clear your cache:

Shut down your phone.
Hold the power, volume up, and home buttons at the same time until the phone boots into recovery mode. Then use the volume keys to navigate and select the clear cache option by pressing the power button. It won't take long. Then, use the volume buttons again to select reboot option.

Faelach

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
At this point, I would recommend backing up your data and performing a factory reset. Then, before installing any apps, attempt the update.