Did Facebook use the S6 Active as a Guinea pig?

GreetingsFromAP

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I just read this article on Engadget

Facebook backup plan would keep it running on Android

Facebook may have even gone so far as to test Android users' dependence on its app. Reportedly, it knowingly introduced crashing glitches to see whether or not people would abandon Facebook if they couldn't use its native app on Google's platform. It doesn't have anything to worry about, according to the findings -- users would rather stick to the mobile website than lose contact with their online friends.

If the above statement has any truth to it, then the S6 might have been a small enough group to run the experiment on. Hopefully they didn't really do that to anyone. I actually used Facebook a lot less for the month or so while the app wasn't working. I did use the web app a little bit, but much less than I use the standalone app.

GreetingsFromAP

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
It's just an article and the statement I quoted is based on hearsay. Just posted the article because we were affected by an outage. During that period I used Facebook a lot less, contrary to the statement. Acutally until recently I was still using Facebook less.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Not a fan of the mobile app for the most part. If I'm going to spend any extended time on FB, I prefer my laptop and web view, not mobile... Mobile is nice for a quick check, but that's about it...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19