White haze on black lock screen.

Beaverslayer

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed when I have a solid black background set on the lock screen, every now and then I'll have a white haze at the top and bottom when I wake the phone. It'll persist until I swipe the pattern to unlock it. It immediately goes away. I can lock the screen back and immediately unlock it and it's normal. Attached is a picture of what I'm talking about. It's not as noticeable in the picture but it's there if you look close. Anyone else seen this?

Changed the photo by adding a black background. If you turn you screen brightness all the way up you should be able to see it.

Last edited:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Never had a black background on my lockscreen. I just tried it using a picture I took in a dark room....don't see it. And, I honestly don't see anything in yours either. Dunno.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed when I have a solid black background set on the lock screen, every now and then I'll have a white haze at the top and bottom when I wake the phone. It'll persist until I swipe the pattern to unlock it. It immediately goes away. I can lock the screen back and immediately unlock it and it's normal. Attached is a picture of what I'm talking about. It's not as noticeable in the picture but it's there if you look close. Anyone else seen this?[url]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l196/Beaverslayer/Screenshot_2016-01-06-17-41-31_zpsjp5ap6fp.png[/URL]

It could just be some kind of glitch, try booting in to recovery and doing a cache partition wipe.

Beaverslayer

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
It happens randomly. I'll get a better screen shot later to post. If you wake the phone and its present, it'll persist until you unlock then it's gone.

Jed Perks

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue when I had an all black background. Not sure what it was but I just ended up changing mine anyway

Posted via the Android Central App

Beaverslayer

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Turn the brightness all the way up and you can see it. The picture shows it well on the phone. Not sure why it changes after linking it with photo bucket