Samsung Is The Boss!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Short story:

Got my second s6 Active, cuz my daughter liked mine so much, she suckered it from me! So, I get my company to get me one, as I had been using my personal phones for work anyway, cuz i hate apple, and that's all they originally allowed us to have.

Dropped it from my truck on first day....no issues! Dropped it again on 3rd day, permanently lost touch screen, then lost screen all together.

Contacted my company cell handler, told her what happened and asked her if she wanted me to send it in to Samsung, because the phone should not have broken, and that the screen didn't even crack. She said, in her experience with Samsung, that they'll end up charging us, and said she'd just purchase another and send to me; got it the next day.

Now, I said, what the heck....sent it to Samsung...you guessed it, it was covered, they repaired and sent it back to me. Now, I have a spare, in great working order.! :-D

The phone apparently fell at just the right angle, I guess....because the one my daughter has, has been dropped so many times, its a wonder it still functions.

Great phone, love it....and my spare too!

Just thought I'd share!

Chris

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I'm surprised Samsung fixed it free! Even though it's an Active, I would have thought they'd still charge you, since the problem was due to trauma, rather than a manufacturer's defect. Glad it worked out for you!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I'm surprised Samsung fixed it free! Even though it's an Active, I would have thought they'd still charge you, since the problem was due to trauma, rather than a manufacturer's defect. Glad it worked out for you!

Exactly. And I didn't try to soften the landing. I told them I dropped it from about 3 feet out of my truck. It only left 2 very small little nicks, in the left side, near the active key. I went on in my complaint, to describe that this phone was advertised as being rugged, with a samsung promoted video, of it being knocked around a hockey court. I of course ended my complaint with, please help me, I'm a die hard samsung fan, and this is a let down on a product that advertises ruggedness. Well, I guess it worked. (And probably being polite helped too!)

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Apparently this Active isn't living up to its billing for many.

I bought mine for the battery, never mind it's not the prettiest phone.

Glad Samsung fixed it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. And I didn't try to soften the landing. I told them I dropped it from about 3 feet out of my truck. It only left 2 very small little nicks, in the left side, near the active key. I went on in my complaint, to describe that this phone was advertised as being rugged, with a samsung promoted video, of it being knocked around a hockey court. I of course ended my complaint with, please help me, I'm a die hard samsung fan, and this is a let down on a product that advertises ruggedness. Well, I guess it worked. (And probably being polite helped too!)

That was absolutely the best approach. They probably made an exception for you based on your reasoning and reasonableness, and not based on any policy they may have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz