On my Galaxy S6 Active it constantly pops up a loading ring with please wait beside it. What should I do?

A

AC Question

On my galaxy s6 active it constantly pops up a loading ring with "please wait" beside it.

I can close out all apps and be sitting on the home screen doing nothing and it will still pop up... it does it on 4G and WiFi. If I'm on an app it will back me out of what I'm doing or if I'm watching a video it will close it out... I can't tell if it's a virus or just something wrong with the phone.

EpicBucket

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: On my galaxy s6 active it constantly pops up a loading ring with "please wait" beside it.

Okay in safe mode been running it for a few minutes now and it hasn't happened yet...

Last edited:

EpicBucket

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: On my galaxy s6 active it constantly pops up a loading ring with "please wait" beside it.

I'm the original post just got my account set up

EpicBucket

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

No its not that it's literally just a spinning circle and "please wait"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If it doesn't happen in Safe Mode, then the problem is probably being caused by a 3rd party app. The challenge now is to figure out which app. You might have to uninstall apps one by one until that behavior goes away.

EpicBucket

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

I don't have any 3rd party apps is the problem... I've got music from sketchy sites though

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Avoid "free MP3" download sites or apps. The ones that don't get shut down typically grab the files from other servers (usually filesharing sites), and say in their Terms of Service that it's only meant for "fact-finding," and the files must be deleted off your computer or device after you're done "fact-finding." Keeping them on your device would be considered copyright violation.

And since those sites are grabbing files from outside servers, there's definitely risk for malware embedded in the files.

EpicBucket

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

I'm guessing the only way to fix this is back up my pictures/contacts and format the phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

You haven't installed any apps outside of the ones that came with the phone? That'd be pretty unusual for most users. If you have installed any other apps, uninstall those first, before considering a factory reset. The fact that the problem went away in Safe Mode implies that an app you installed is causing the problem.

EpicBucket

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Hmm and no I haven't installed any 3rd party app mainly because I just recently got the phone and haven't really had the need to yet.... I'll try to Uninstall a few apps and see what happens

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

When I say 3rd party apps, I mean any app that you installed, and that didn't come with the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12