I want a good qi charger. using otterbox defender

Josh Dennis

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to find a good qi charger for my phone. I've heard most qi chargers won't work with this phone and my otterbox defender. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd greatly appreciate any input. Never used qi charger before. Thanks in advance!

Posted via the Android Central App

mhanch

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
So I have three Qi chargers, two from Nokia, one from Samsung. They all work just fine. Your problem is that the Otterbox case may be too thick to get a signal to charge (or whatever magic makes it work). Try going to an ATT store and testing it out. they usually have a few chargers on display.

Mal Lignant Tumor

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
For what it's worth, I have an Otterbox Symmetry cover on our S5 with wireless back installed. It charges wireless just fine. I have an Incipio DualPro on my S6 Active and it does wireless charging without any issues. Using a Samsung wireless charger.

Samsung now has a wireless quick charger as well.

DroidFromVA

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I have tested both the Anker and Samsung wireless chargers with my Otterbox Defender case. Both work, but the alignment of the wireless antenna on the phone has to be lined up with the charging pad antenna or the charging doesn't happen. 9/10 times, that's what goes wrong when people try to use a charging pad and it doesn't help that many of the pads are now using compact designs while the phones are significantly larger. It's my understanding that the older pad designs were larger than the phones or about the same size, so they were easier to work with. I myself bought a bunch of Anker pads in addition to a single Samsung one and I gave up on using them because it's simply easier, faster, and more efficient to just use USB charging because it JUST WORKS. Put your phone on a charging pad and the connection might be good, but if someone bumps your phone even half an inch or a few centimeters, it goes off the charging path and you're no longer charging your phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What DroidFromVA said. I've been using the LuguLake pad with the Defender case on a Note 3 since before forever, and it works fine. ANY Qi charge situation needs to have the phone lined up properly - with or without a case - it's just not as critical without the case.

Hurtzher

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the Samsung wireless charger. I have the Defender case on my GS6A and it charges just fine. As others have said, you have to have the phone positioned correctly on the charging pad - but, once you see how the phone has to sit on the base to get the wireless charge, it quickly becomes habit sitting your phone down in the appropriate position/angle. Taking the time to physically plug your phone becomes more time consuming once you get used to things.

Est_XCIV

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I use the RavPower wireless charger. Not only does it charge my phone wireless but it has a built in 5000 mah battery so you can use it as a power bank as well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante