Will Verizon Ever Get A Galaxy Active Phone?

PhoneDude8

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
This is something I really want to know. I have been dying to get my hands on a Galaxy Active phone for years, but I use Verizon, not AT&T. I will not be switching any time soon. So why doesn't Verizon get their own Galaxy s whatever Active? Will they?

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Other than when Sprint had the S5 Sport, the active series has always been an AT&T exclusive. I don't see this changing myself, but it would be nice if it did.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Considering that "Active" really means "will withstand moderate humidity", there's no reason they should. It just misleads people into thinking they have waterproof phones.

DroidFromVA

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
This is something I really want to know. I have been dying to get my hands on a Galaxy Active phone for years, but I use Verizon, not AT&T. I will not be switching any time soon. So why doesn't Verizon get their own Galaxy s whatever Active? Will they?

Verizon had their own rugged equivalent to the Galaxy Active series, courtesy of CASIO's rugged G'Zone and it checks all the boxes in the rugged side of things, though it's barely a mid-range phone at best and you'd have to get one outside of Verizon as they are no longer "carried" by their stores. That phone has been replaced by the Kyocera Brigadier and it is the only real rugged smartphone in their offerings, though you can certainly BYOD rugged phones from other manufacturers. There is also the DROID Turbo 2, but it's not really "rugged", just as the S7 and S7 Edge are not. As to whether or not Verizon will get a Galaxy Active Phone, I can only say that it isn't likely. Rugged phones DO NOT SELL, which is why Verizon only has two offerings, despite there being several more on the market. The only reason AT&T offers the Active is because they NEED an exclusive phone offering to pull in customers that will stay, since the majority of their customers are iPhone users and can jump ship to other networks whenever they want. If you put an S7 in a very rugged case like an Otterbox Defender, you've pretty much got whatever the S7 Active is likely to be, if it's real, so consider doing that.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Considering that "Active" really means "will withstand moderate humidity", there's no reason they should. It just misleads people into thinking they have waterproof phones.

And the commercials that show people dunking their phones or pouring champagne on them don't?

xStormy

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
And the commercials that show people dunking their phones or pouring champagne on them don't?

I know I'm replying fairly late here. You can totally dunk them in water. I've had the Galaxy S4, S5 and now S7 Active. They can withstand water up to so deep. They're not made to take swimming, but they won't die if you drop it in somewhere. I've dropped all mine into the fish tank or a lake or pool just to test them. My S7 went river floating with us this past summer :).
I'm actually in the process of leaving AT&T for Verizon and the only thing holding me back is letting go of the Actives. We've had such good luck with them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad