battery life

bassjimmy81

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Just got a update on my at&t samsung galaxy s6 active now battery drops a lot faster. Did any one else get this issue after the small update.

Posted via the Android Central App

Beaverslayer

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I got the update and and nothing has changed with my battery life. Try shutting the phone down completely, not just a restart. Leave it off a few minutes then restart it and see what happens.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone on the latest update and getting excellent battery life? I feel that after the 5.1.1 update, I am making it through the day with 14% remaining at night. Before, I was going to sleep with at least 40 - 50% remaining. My usage has not changed much, but I feel that app settings may have something to do with it. WiFi shuts off when phone goes to sleep, location services are on because of fitness tracking, and I run package disabler to disable ATT apps and services.

monty Stinson

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I turn off location at night after a full charge, 10 - 11 pm. Will have 97% in the morning, 7-8 am. I have found, that leaving location on or [redacted] open will drain the battery to 85-93% in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yup. I'm having a problem too. I usually could go 35-40 hours on a charge. The last few days, the phone has been getting very hot and barely lasting 8 hours.

I've turned the phone COMPLETELY off and left it for 10 minutes. - No change
I booted into recovery mode and wiped the cache partition. - No change
I started removing apps, clearing caches of apps, disabling apps. - No change

All this started after the small update. Really don't want to have to factory reset the phone but with the heat and all, I'm afraid that's the last choice I have.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
As a quick update, my phone appears to be back to normal. It's not overheating anymore and battery life is back to around 30 hours per charge.

Not sure what changed. Maybe an app updated. There seems to be a little lag going to the home screen which also started around the same time as the battery/heat issue. Slight annoyance but not a game changer.

timdsmith72

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My battery life had gone to hell on a bobsled until I installed the leaked Marshmallow build. (available over at xda-developers) After that, it's better than it ever was.

timdsmith72

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Process took about 3 hours because first try failed and I had to Odin back a couple of versions, then upgrade in steps. And it'll wipe your phone. Just so you're aware of what you're getting into.

Makinamotze

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Similar issues here. Had the firmware reflashed by Samsung Kiosk after trying all of the usual clear cache, etc. GeekSquad replaced the phone about 3 days ago and the new handset is better, but still a battery sucker. The old handset was also refusing to fully charge after one or two days unless it was powered off, then back on. It would sit on the fast charger all night and not move.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is still about normal, just a little lower than I used to see before that upgrade. The worst part is that the phone is now VERY sluggish. Like if you're in an app and you hit the home button, it takes literally 2-3 SECONDS before it goes. Tapping the Google search banner, you can see the finger hit on the banner and then 2 seconds later, it goes to search.

Again, I've tried the cache wipe and complete power off. I guess I'll just pray the Marshmallow update fixes everything. I've really loved this phone until this all started up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc