overheating and not maintaining a connection to the AT&T network after repair

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
More problems with my newly repaired S6 Active. After what seems like a successful repair in which I received a majority new internal components, my device is overheating and not maintaining a connection to the AT&T network. Upon restarting, the no network signal icon appears for about 3 minutes. My network connections time out and outgoing calls are either getting hung up or dropped shortly after connecting.

I'll be reaching out to Samsung once again to repair this device. My year of owning this device has been riddled with repair requests and exchanges.

Last edited:

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm working with someone at Samsung to address my situation. I've been through the repair process more than I care to, so I felt the need to write a letter. I spoke with some one this afternoon that sympathized with my troubles.

Everything is well documented, chat transcripts,history of repairs, time without my device, the inconvenience of shipping each time, etc. At this point it's just about finding a reasonable solution for being a loyal customer.

Posted via the Android Central App

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm working with someone at Samsung to address my situation. I've been through the repair process more than I care to, so I felt the need to write a letter. I spoke with some one this afternoon that sympathized with my troubles.

Everything is well documented, chat transcripts,history of repairs, time without my device, the inconvenience of shipping each time, etc. At this point it's just about finding a reasonable solution for being a loyal customer.

Good luck!

kelly meemken

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site

I'm having the exact same issue with my phone. My phone was acting up so bad that one morning after having my phone plugged in over night, the phone was only at 70% and my CPU was at 170F. Every time I would restart my phone it would take 10 minutes to find the network. I looked at my battery usage to see if it was a particular app that was drawing all the power and it appeared the Android OS was responsible for the battery draw. I went into AT&T and recommending doing a factory reset before dealing with Samsung because they'll ask you to do that first. The hardware reset seemed to help the issue. The only hiccup I've had since resetting is after using google maps. Something is still wrong with my phone because my service is not great, it takes 10 minutes to find the network after resetting but my battery draw is back to normal and my phone does't get hot anymore. I'd appreciate it if you could follow up with what you find out Law2138. I really don't want to go through the hassle of sending my phone in but it it's a hardware issue I will since the phone is only 9 months old.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Dear President of Samsung North America,

I am contacting your office in search of a satisfactory resolution to an ongoing device repair/replacement process.

Firstly, I have come to associate the Samsung brand of consumer electronics and appliances with quality and reliability. I currently own an over-the-range microwave, refrigerator, 55" LED television and Gear Fit 2 fitness tracker which have served me well. Unfortunately, my mobile device, the Galaxy S6 Active, has not provided me with the same experience in terms of quality and reliability. It has been through the repair process several times which resulted in weeks without my device. During the time of not having my device, I feel even greater frustration by not having access to Samsung Pay.

Attached is a letter detailing the history of repairs and contact with customer service thus far. While the repair process was lengthy at times, each representative and technician I spoke with assisted me to the best of their ability and were very professional. As of my last contact with Executive Customer Relations on 8/31/2016, they were unable to provide me with a response that met my satisfaction.

As a loyal customer who has experienced a number of issues with a Samsung product, I expect that Samsung will provide a level of customer service that recognizes my following of the customer support process and inconvenience thus far. I have made numerous efforts through telephone calls and the Samsung Plus phone app to bring attention to this matter.

I understand there are processes in place to assist customers in achieving the best service and experience possible. Unfortunately, my experience has not been great. I am reaching out in search of someone that can restore my confidence in Samsung's ability to acknowledge and address the customers that have "been through it all" in terms of inconvenience.

I kindly request that you exercise your discretion on addressing the inconvenience experienced and effort I have put forth thus far.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After a number of days, I received a response. Samsung offered to replace my S6 Active with a new one. About 10 days later, I received another call regarding insufficient stock in which I'll be refunded the cost of the device.

As much as I liked the S6 Active, its now time for me to move on to something else. I entertained the idea of a $450 Galaxy S7 from Swappa, then the Note 5, but could never see myself using an s7 Edge for fear of busting the edge.

I've decided to wait for the Pixel Moto Z Play devices to be official and I'll make a decision then. Most likely, I won't be picking up another Galaxy device any time soon. I will miss the convenience of Samsung Pay and using my Gear Fit2 as a companion device (I know it works with any Android, I just like devices being in the same family.)

So to all of my fellow S6 Active owners, best of luck and I'll see you around.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After a number of days, I received a response. Samsung offered to replace my S6 Active with a new one. About 10 days later, I received another call regarding insufficient stock in which I'll be refunded the cost of the device.

As much as I liked the S6 Active, its now time for me to move on to something else. I entertained the idea of a $450 Galaxy S7 from Swappa, then the Note 5, but could never see myself using an s7 Edge for fear of busting the edge.

I've decided to wait for the Pixel Moto Z Play devices to be official and I'll make a decision then. Most likely, I won't be picking up another Galaxy device any time soon. I will miss the convenience of Samsung Pay and using my Gear Fit2 as a companion device (I know it works with any Android, I just like devices being in the same family.)

So to all of my fellow S6 Active owners, best of luck and I'll see you around.

Thanks for the update. I am glad that after everything you have been through Samsung did the right thing. Good luck with your next phone, whatever phone that may be.

Shane Funderburg

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I, along with tons of others are experiencing the same issues. I GUARANTEE you its because the phone is now 6.01 OS. since the galaxy S6 Active is such a RARE phone. not many produced or even sold... the update didnt use proper technology for the sim reader. this causes the phone to overheat and drain the battery rapidly. Also creates a circle with a line through it. ATT always acts liek a dear in headlights when confronted about it. ITS A ATT PHONE. Seriously. They blame Google technology, Samsung says its ATT, and ATT will blame whoever provides the service.. Example (Straight Talk)

Only way to fix is to send phone to warranty replacement in Plano Texas to have a new mainboard with OS 5.11 on it and NEVER UPDATE:mad::mad::mad:

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I, along with tons of others are experiencing the same issues. I GUARANTEE you its because the phone is now 6.01 OS. since the galaxy S6 Active is such a RARE phone. not many produced or even sold... the update didnt use proper technology for the sim reader. this causes the phone to overheat and drain the battery rapidly. Also creates a circle with a line through it. ATT always acts liek a dear in headlights when confronted about it. ITS A ATT PHONE. Seriously. They blame Google technology, Samsung says its ATT, and ATT will blame whoever provides the service.. Example (Straight Talk)

Only way to fix is to send phone to warranty replacement in Plano Texas to have a new mainboard with OS 5.11 on it and NEVER UPDATE:mad::mad::mad:

The blame game is annoying. They always blame each other, you are right. It is Google no it is Samsung no it is ATT blah blah blah

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Yet there are plenty of people who upgraded to 6.01 and have had no issues. My wife upgraded her OS and her phone has had no issues with overheating or connectivity and it didn't even get a factory reset after the update. Recently the phone went to her mom and that was the first factory reset when my wife upgraded to the S7 Active. Her mom has had no issues with the S6 active overheating or connectivity and this is her first smartphone. While I agree there are people having issues, I don't think the number of issues are as prevalent as your thoughts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech