Changed from password to pin on encrypted s6 active.

djseng

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I was playing around in my security settings and decided that I might make things easier on myself by changing from a password to a PIN on my lock screen. I was allowed to change to a PIN, however, immediately after making that change, that PIN was not accepted. I tried several different PINs thinking maybe I fat fingered the PIN ... twice, but I don't think that is the case. I think because I encrypted the phone several months back, I'm screwed. I can get into the phone using the samsung find my mobile service to set a temp PIN but once I'm in I can't switch back to a password because it's asking me to enter my old PIN, which isn't working. I was able to see that I have the remote control service on, however, I don't appear to have the ability to "Unlock" using their "Find My Mobile" service as it says it should be able to do. Using google's android device manager, setting a temp password doesn't work, as it sees that there is already a pin set and that I can just use that. Is there anything I can do at this point besides a factory reset?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad